Have yourself a merry green Christmas…
Last minute Christmas shopping, writing cards and wrapping presents, cleaning the house in preparation for your guests…there are so many tasks to complete in the run up to Christmas that trying to be ‘green’ at the same time is easy to forget.
That’s why Ecover has come up with top ten tips on how to inject a little ‘green’ into your Christmas without breaking the bank or spoiling any of the festive fun!
1) Wear and Care this Christmas and add some eco to your festive wardrobe. Why not rock the office Christmas party eco-style this festive season? Also, Ecover’s laundry range means that you can wear high end fashion and care for it and the world around at the same time – perfect for the busy festive season
2) Buying a real tree? Visit the Forest Stewardship Council website to make sure your precious pine has been farmed sustainably – www.fsc-uk.org
3) All of Ecover’s range is now made from Plant-astic – a sustainable plastic made from sugar cane. This means that if you choose Ecover this Christmas to deal with your dirty plates, wash your best table linen, and keep your home clean, not only will your home be free from chemical nasties but also the packaging you’re choosing is better for the world around you too! And it just got easier – Ecover’s online shop means that you don’t have to worry about heavy shopping bags either – www.EcoverDirect.com
4) Use last year’s Christmas cards to make this year’s gift tags – cut out the pictures and thread through some cotton – hey presto, recycling at its best. Don’t forget to save this year’s cards to use in 2012!
5) Treat your guests to some eco luxury – pop some Ecover Hand Wash in the bathroom and try Ecover Room Fragrance to keep your house smelling fresh
6) e-Christmas cards – why not try Facebook, Twitter or email rather than snail mail to send your seasons greetings?
7) Banish those stains – gravy and cranberry sauce stains are rife on Christmas day. Remove them with ease Ecover’s Stain Remover – so effective it’s been awarded a Which? Best Buy
8) Travel together – try car sharing with friends and family or taking the bus to the shops to do your Christmas shopping
9) Once you’ve filled up on turkey, Yorkshire puddings and brussel sprouts, wash the dishes with Ecover Washing Up Liquid – you can even use your left over dish water to feed the Christmas tree!
10) Recycled wrapping paper is a really easy way to score ‘green’ points at Christmas and doesn’t cost the earth. Try the selection at www.ethicalsuperstore.com
One lucky winner will be able to clean up and be green in the new year by entering the giveaway to win an Ecover Clean Aid Kit which consists of
Ecover Camomile and Marigold Washing Up Liquid, Ecover Stain Remover, Ecover Bathroom Cleaner and the Ecover Multi-purpose cleaner
Its as easy as ABC and lots of extra entries up for grabs in order for you to really clean up!
All you need to do is
A Follow my blog via Google Friends connect over on the right.
B Leave a contact either twitter name or email address
C tell me a cleaning up annoyance, a green tip, just say hi if you like. Just don't say "Enter Me" it sounds so very wrong!!!.
1. Comment on any other reviews or posts. Up to five allowed.
2. Follow me on Twitter
3. Tweet the giveaway
Here is one I prepared earlier.
Win an Ecover Clean Aid Kit for the new year! Follow the link for easy entry. http://tinyurl.com/bnmua44
Ends midnight 12th January.
Prize must be claimed with 7 days or will be redrawn after I have made every attempt I can to tweet or email.